Friday, February 5, 2010

Podcasting Potential

I really look forward to doing my very own podcast with my group members. Through reading and viewing a couple of the sites that were posted on our blog assignments I learned even more about podcasting. The benefits of podcasting that I can implement in my future classroom are really neat. Through using the fun tool of podcasting my students can learn better and have fun doing it! Using podcast is an easy way for students these days to learn, since they are familiar with this type of learning. Through them learning this way it promotes creativity and innovation, it is an effective way for students who may have been absent to learn, and also parents can see and hear what their children are learning.

One of the sites posted on our blog assignment brought me to a site that discussed "100 Ways to Use Your iPod to Learn & Study Better"! This was an awesome article and had so many useful tips for using your iPod to make studying and learning easier and more fun. I was amazed at all the applications that can be downloaded to your iPod that can help in the education process. You can download sparknotes, charts, graphs, tutorials, foreign language apps, and even dictionaries on your iPod. I feel like as educators we need to think of EVERY possible way to keep kids interested and if they love to use iPods then put the information they need on their iPod. This is so exciting to me because I know that steps like these are helping kids to learn and get pumped up for what we are teaching them.

I also read the basic of creating a podcast and hope that this will help me in doing my own podcasts. I would love to be able to use this tool in my future classroom so I am going to try my best to learn what all I can about podcasting through this class. I know that it will take trial and error and I will probably fail many times before I get it right but that is what this class is about..experience! :) Have a blessed weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I agree with you. Podcasts can be a great learning tool. It's inspiring to view the variety of sites and podcasts available and I look forward to using podcasts in the classroom. I'm sure we'll all go through a lot of trial and error. The experience will be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Amanda. It is my hope that you now have a better understanding of how to create your own podcast in a few weeks. Main points is to create a script and PRACTICE. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Podcast are a very effective learning tool indeed. You must let your students be creative in many different ways. Technology can help the classroom in so many ways, unfortunately some do not see it that way. Great post. Stay frosty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ipod is a new way kids are beginning to use technology for sure. Using some of the applications could be very useful for them.

    ReplyDelete