Sunday, March 7, 2010

PLN

This class has really changed my view of learning! It has given me a new drive and desire to want to learn. I have found myself sitting at my computer for hours at a time going from video to blog to blog to blog to video to article to podcasts to facebook account and so-on. It has been interesting to find so many resources and tools that I will use when I am a teacher! :) My Personal Learning Network, so far, are some wonderful websites that I have collected through my searching, my great educators that I am now following on twitter, and a few podcasts that are great resources. I look forward to continuing this PLN and seeing it grow through this semester and through my future career. Check out my newest wordle for my PLN!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Amanda!

    Great wordle! I was wondering what those were called.

    The PLN has been really great for me too. Have you tried using Google Reader? It notifies you when a blog you are following has a new posting and then sends it to you. Reader keeps you from having to back track to those blogs yourself. It's also nice because you don't have to bookmark also. All the changes to all the blogs show up in one window for you. Start with the EDM310 blog. Pull it up and then in the http address spot, that is the url. There is an orange square with white arches in it. Click on it then choose to subscribe to the RSS. Then if it gives you a choice of IGoogle or Reader, choose reader. I prefer that one for some reason. I long onto that during the day to see if there are any changes or responses to my posts. Subscribe to all the blogs the same way. Sometimes the button is not at the top, but is orange or says RSS at the bottom of the blog.

    THis has really saved me some time and kept me organized. THought I would just pass it along.

    ReplyDelete