Sunday, March 28, 2010

An open letter to educators

I really enjoyed Morgan's blog post about her opinions on education. I completely agree with her. Sitting in a lecture for hours just does not cut it these days. I too really enjoy my technology class where I am encouraged to collaborate with other students and learn through my own exploration. Learning information just to be tested on is a waste of my time and others. I wish that all teachers were committed to the idea of learning! :) This semester I have really found a new love for learning. Through EDM 310 I have been encouraged to search out and experiment with many different things. It makes me excited to check out new stuff and learn how to use it. I love that my classmates and myself can interact with one another and that all of our ideas can be used to help one another. I love how Morgan thought to post on twitter that she was looking for volunteer opportunities and how people helped her find opportunities. This entire networking thing is wonderful. I am excited to use the tools that I have been exposed to in this class. Like Morgan and Dan I am glad that I am willing to embrace change and I hope that more future educators will be too! :)

1 comment:

  1. Teachers should put themselves back in the desks and think of how they would want to be taught. I can guarantee only a small handful of teachers/professors would actually want to be lectured day after day.

    ReplyDelete